Bulk load is a feature in Infoplus that allows for multiple records to be created on a table. To learn more about bulk load, or to learn how to bulk load, please visit these articles: Bulk Load, Bulk Load Orders, Bulk Load Items, and Bulk Load ASNs.
Troubleshooting a bulk load error will depend on the table your are performing a bulk load. While the errors may change per table, the layout will remain the same. This article will have two sections: Bulk Load Process and Common Line Errors
Bulk Load Process
This troubleshooting section is designed for those who bulk load is not completing, missing data, or having trouble with the process as a whole. To review how to conduct a bulk load, see Bulk Load. To begin troubleshooting, review the areas below.
Required Fields are fields that must be filled in before moving on. While it is helpful to have these fields in your spreadsheet, you can also add these fields ad hoc by defaulting the value. If the fields are in the column, select the appropriate column. To gain a better understanding of what's required, visit the table of the bulk load being performed. Select "Create New" and view the fields. Any field with a red astrik (*) will be a requiried field during a bulk upload.
Optional Fields are fields that are not required. Please review that every column with data in your file can be accounted between the required and optional fields. If a column is missing, click Add Optional Field under the Optional Fields section.
Custom Fields must be added before Bulk Loading. To add a custom field, visit this article: Create and Edit Custom Fields. Once the custom field is added, the column can be applied in the Optional Fields section.
Review - Confirmation
Once the fields are selected, your screen will load the data. Timing will depend on the size of the file and the number of optional fields being used. The next screen will be the Review Data Screen. In order for your records to import, you will need to hit submit at the bottom right of the screen.
Once submit has been selected, a confirmation screen will appear. The Confirm screen informs you how many records uploaded (Rows Successfully Processed) and how many did not (Rows Received Errors). The example below shows one record that uploaded and three records that did not.
The bulk load process only uses the first sheet in the Excel file. This is the sheet farthest to the left.
While .xls is accepted, .csv is recommended for a bulk load. This will guarantee you are using the correct sheet and remove any Excel format.
The Bulk Load process has three status used for each record: Ok, Warning, and Error. Use the tabs on the review screen to filter through each status.
- Ok - Record is ready for upload
- Warning - Record will upload, needs reviewed
- Error - Record will not upload, needs reviewed
When reviewing Warnings or Errors, use the Row and Results column to troubleshoot. The Row column references the row in the original file. The Results column will display the Error message, Warning message, or Ok message.
In the example, three errors are presented.
- Row 2: A major group must be given for an item
- Grouping is referencing Item Category. The error is referring that the item category does not exist in the system
- To solve, add the "Shoes" category on the Item Category table.
- Row 3: Item description is required
- This error is pointing us to the Item Description field. Notice the character length is greater than 40
- To solve, edit the cell in the file to be 40 characters or under. Any extra description can be used in the additional description.
- Row 4: There was a problem saving this item. The Width must be greater than zero. To continue, enter a new value.
- The error is pointing us to the Width field. The width measurement exceeds the maximum decimal places limit of four.
- To solve, edit the cell by reducing the decimal places to four.
See the tables below for some of the common errors.
|Item Description||Item description is required||Item description exceeds the 40 character limit. Use the additional description for the remaining characters.|
|Item Category||A major group must be given for an item||The item category does not exist in Infoplus. Please add the item category to the Item Category table.|
|The ___ Must be greater than zero. To continue enter a new value.||Field is entered at a zero value, or field contains too many decimal points. Edit the value in the file to be greater than zero and less than four decimal places.|