With Smart Document Templates, you can create custom PDFs using data from your records in Infoplus. For example, create documents to customize your warehouse workflows, or invoices for sending to your 3PL customers, or inserts to add to your outbound orders. Any value in a field in Infoplus can be used. You can also customize the data using Scripts, for even more custom control.
Create a Smart Document Template
- Navigate to the Smart Document Template table.
- Click the Create New button in the top right. The Creating New Smart Document Template screen appears:
- In the Dimensions fields, enter the width and height of the barcode image. These dimensions are typically no less than 100 pixels wide by 40 pixels high.
Here's an example of the completed Insert/edit image screen for the Order Number label shown above:
- Click OK.
- Apply any formatting to the content in the Code Editor as needed (e.g., to center all of the content, select the content and then click the button).
- Once you are done creating the Smart Document Template, click Save. The template is saved and available for use.
- From within the Smart Document Template record, select Actions > Preview Smart Document Template. The Setup step in the process appears.
- Enter a Record ID to use for the preview. For example, if you are previewing a template showing an Order Number, enter an existing order number to use as the record in the preview.
- Click Next. The Review step in the process appears.
- Review the Results. If a green arrow displays, the preview will be generated.
- Click Submit. The final Results screen appears.
To view the template, click Download Report. Another tab will open in the browser displaying the preview.
Click back on the Infoplus browser tab and click OK to close the preview process. If you need to edit the template, open the template record and select Actions > Edit.
Render a Smart Document Report
A Smart Document Report will render documents using one or more selected records based on the Smart Document Template you select.
- Access the Table containing the records you want to use in the Smart Document report (e.g., if you want to generate documents for Orders, access the Orders table).
- Click the checkbox next to each record that you want to use in the Smart Document report.
- Click the Actions button.
- Under the Reports sub-header, select Smart Document. The Setup step in running the report appears.
Select the Smart Document Template you want to use.
If you want more than one copy of the document for each record, enter the appropriate number into the Copies per Record field (e.g., if you wanted a label to appear inside a carton, outside the carton, and one for your paperwork, type a 3).
Click Next. The Review step appears.
Review the Results for each record selected.
Click Submit. The final Results screen appears.
To view the report, click Download Report. Another tab will open in the browser displaying the report.
Click back on the Infoplus browser tab and click OK to close the report process.