Follow these steps below when you need to generate a Return Label.
- Start on the Order table and select the Order(s) that you need to create a Return Label for.
- From the Actions menu, select Create Return Labels.
- It will pull up the Create Return Labels (Setup) screen.
- Select if you want to use the the Carrier Service from the Order on the first option or select the second option to Override the Carrier Service from the Order.
Note: If you select Override you will have to specify what carrier you want to Override on the next screen. Also, if you are creating these in bulk, the override will be for all the Orders that were selected.
- Select if you want to use the weight from the Order on the first option or select the second option if you want to override the weight and enter your own weight.
Note: If you are creating a return label for part of the Order (not all of the Line Items) or multiple cartons in an order you will select to override the weight and enter the weight of the items being returned. Also, if you are creating these in bulk, the override will be for all the Orders that were selected.
- In this example, we will be overriding both the weight and the carrier service.
- Click Next once complete.
- The Select Override Carrier screen displays and you will select the Parcel Account you want to use and then select the Service you want to ship with. Click Next once complete.
- The Enter Override Weight screen appears and you will enter the weight for the Return Label. Click Next once complete.
- The Review screen appears where you will be informed if you have any errors. If all is well there will be a greenbar and you can click Next.
- Now the Confirmation screen appears where you are able to download the Return Label.
Note: if you navigate away from this screen you can still download the Return Label. It lives in the Warehouse Documents section of the Order the return was created for.
NOTE: Infoplus's returns process is currently in the planning and designing phase. At this time, we do not have a timeline on when it will be implemented, use inventory adjustment for returned items. Sign up for: Early Access Products
Possible Errors and Resolutions
Error: "Error getting carrier by account and service" when attempting to create a return label for USPS Media Mail.
Resolution: USPS Media Mail isn't exposed in the carrier list within the order table. Please contact Infoplus Support to add USPS Media Mail to the carrier list, then you'll be able to create a return label for this service. This same resolution applies to other carrier services too.