With Barcode Templates, you can create barcode reports using values from your records in Infoplus. For example, create stickers with UPC barcodes for all of your inventory that can be scanned when picking items for an order. Or create labels for outbound cartons showing a barcode of the Order Number. Any value in a field in Infoplus can be used. A PDF file of the barcode(s) will be generated that you can then print as needed.
Here's an example of a barcode label that was created to show the Order number:
To create the label above, the Barcode Template was created with these selections:
Follow the steps below to create a Barcode Template similar to the one above.
This article contains the following instructions:
Create a Barcode Template
- Access the "Barcode Template" table. - From the Dashboard: Barcode Template From the Quick Actions shortcut: Barcode Template
- In the Image description field, type text that will display when the barcode image is not visible (e.g., Order Number Barcode).
- In the Dimensions fields, enter the width and height of the barcode image. These dimensions are typically no less than 100 pixels wide by 40 pixels high.
Here's an example of the completed Insert/edit image screen for the Order Number label shown above:
- Click OK.
- Apply any formatting to the content in the Code Editor as needed (e.g., to center all of the content, select the content and then click the button).
- Once you are done creating the Barcode Template, click Save. The template is saved and available for use.
- From within the Barcode Template record, select Actions > Preview Barcode Template. The Setup step in the process appears.
- Enter a Record ID to use for the preview. For example, if you are previewing a template showing an Order Number, enter an existing order number to use as the record in the preview.
- Click Next. The Review step in the process appears.
- Review the Results. If a green arrow displays, the preview will be generated.
- Click Submit. The final Results screen appears.
To view the template, click Download Report. Another tab will open in the browser displaying the preview.
Click back on the Infoplus browser tab and click OK to close the preview process. If you need to edit the template, open the template record and select Actions > Edit.
Run a Barcode Report
A Barcode Report will display values from selected records based on the Barcode Template you select.
- Access the Table containing the records you want to use in the Barcodes report (e.g., if you want to display Order Number Barcodes, access the Orders table).
- Click the checkbox next to each record that you want to use in the Barcodes report.
- Click the Actions button.
- From the list of Reports, select Barcodes. The Setup step in running the report appears.
Select the Barcode Template you want to use (e.g., Order Number Barcode).
If you want more than one copy of the barcode for each record, enter the appropriate number into the Copies per Record field (e.g., if you wanted a label to appear inside a carton, outside the carton, and one for your paperwork, type a 3).
Click Next. The Review step appears.
Review the Results for each record selected.
Click Submit. The final Results screen appears.
To view the report, click Download Report. Another tab will open in the browser displaying the report. Here's an example:
Click back on the Infoplus browser tab and click OK to close the report process.
More Helpful Notes..
If you are using a table it is easiest to set your border properties in percentages. Using the code below, the table border will automatically scale to the width of your barcode settings. You can pad it at 98 or 99%% to leave print margins.
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3">
Custom Font Sizes
Headings and font sizes can be manipulated with the following code:
<td style="font-size: .7em; text-align: center;" colspan="2">
<h2 style="font-size: 1.1em; text-align: center;">$record.sku</h2>
Formatting Date Fields