The Status of an Item impacts warehouse operations, so it's important that the Status be correct and easily updatable when it changes. Use the Change Item Status process in Infoplus to update the Status of one or more items at once.
Available Item Statuses:
- Print on Demand: The Item is not stocked and is produced when ordered.
- Active: The Item can be ordered and will be restocked when inventory is low.
- Deplete: The Item is stocked but is not planned to be reproduced. Once inventory is gone, no backorders will be created and orders will be shipped minus the depleted item.
- Blocked: The Item can no longer be ordered or replenished.
- Placeholder: The Item is created in Infoplus but the item itself is not orderable or stocked.
- Outside Vendor: The Item will be fulfilled by an outside business partner.
Change Item Status
- Access the "Item" table. Two ways:
From the Dashboard: Click the “Warehouse Operations” tab, click the “Item Management” App, then click the “Item” Table.
From the Quick Actions shortcut: Press a dot (period) on your keyboard, then select “Item” from the list of Quick Actions.
- Click the checkbox next to each Item whose Status you want to change. You can select one or many Items.
NOTE: If only changing the Status of one Item, you can also open the Item and click the Change link next to the Status field (shown in the screenshot below).
- Click the Actions button and select Change Item Status. The Setup step in the Change Item Status process appears.
Click the drop-down arrow and select the appropriate Status. See Status definitions above.
Click Next. The Review step in the process appears. The Results will indicate other impacts (if any) of the Status change. In the example below, the item's Status is being changed from Active to Blocked which impacts Item Receipts. Any open orders (as indicated in the "Open Order Quantity" column) should be reviewed for possible replacement or cancellation.
Click Submit. The Confirmation step in the process appears.
Click OK to return to the screen where you initiated the change.