Warehouse Documents provide package details to the customer and order-packing assistance to warehouse personnel.
Warehouse Documents include:
- Packing Slip: Document that accompanies the delivered package to the customer listing items in the package (Sample Packing Slip)
- Order Assembly Guide (OAG): Document which assists warehouse personnel when packing orders (Sample OAG). NOTE: OAG is not meant to be used for picking from locations, it is a guidance document that assists warehouse personnel when packing orders. For picking locations, click here
- Fulfillment Process Summary: Document is automatically produced when running fulfillment. This Fulfillment Process Summary Document contains the process number and work batch number along with barcodes for each of these fields. The document also contains the total orders, SKUs, picks, and also a full list of the cartons needed for the process (if running pre-cartonization). (Sample FPS)
To generate warehouse documents for an order, the order must be fulfilled, meaning it has gone through the allocation, and pick, pack, ship processes. See Fulfillment Process Overview for more information.
You can create Warehouse Documents:
- When fulfilling orders using the Run Fulfillment process,
- Using the Ad Hoc Warehouse Documents report (steps below), or
- Using the Warehouse Documents report (steps below)
NOTE: The difference between the "Ad Hoc Warehouse Documents" report and the "Warehouse Documents" report is that the Ad Hoc version allows you to select a Packing Slip Template and/or Order Invoice Template. The other version requires you to have template(s) already assigned to the orders selected.
Create/Print Warehouse Documents
- Access the “Order” table. Two ways:
- From the Dashboard: Click the “Account Management” tab, click the “Order” App, then click the “Order” Table.
- From the Quick Actions shortcut: Press a dot (period) on your keyboard, then select “Order” from the list of Quick Actions.
NOTE: You can also access Warehouse Documents reports directly by pressing the dot (.) on your keyboard and selecting "Ad Hoc Warehouse Documents" or "Warehouse Documents". You will be taken to the "Order" table to select orders. A Next button will display to continue through the process starting from Step 4 below.
- Click the checkbox next to each order for which you want to create warehouse documents.
NOTE: You can select all records that are displayed (i.e., after performing a search to display only the orders you want) by clicking the checkbox in the upper left corner. Only the records on the current page will be selected, but a link at the top of the window allows you to select all records.
- Click the Actions button and select Ad Hoc Warehouse Documents or Warehouse Documents. The only difference between options is that the Ad Hoc version allows you to select a Packing Slip Template and/or Order Invoice Template. The other version requires you to have template(s) already assigned to the selected orders.
Here is a screenshot from the Setup step of the Ad Hoc version.
In the Include Order Assembly Guide field, select True or False. Selecting True will create the Order Assembly Guide for each order selected.
In the Include Packing Slip field, select True or False. Selecting True will create the Packing Slip for each order selected.
In the Packing Slip Template field (which only appears in the "Ad Hoc Warehouse Documents" report), select the Packing Slip template to use for each order selected. If you leave this blank, you are indicating that each Order already has a Packing Slip Template assigned.
NOTE: With this field blank, if there is no packing slip template assigned to a selected order, the warehouse documents will not be created for any of the selected orders.
In the Include Order Invoice field, select True or False. Selecting True will create the Order Invoice for each order selected.
In the Order Invoice Template field, select the Order Invoice template to use for each order selected. If you leave this blank, you are indicating that each Order already has an Order Invoice Template assigned.
NOTE: With this field blank, if there is no order invoice template assigned to a selected order, the warehouse documents will not be created for any of the selected orders.
Click Next. Infoplus will check the orders to confirm warehouse documents can be created. The Review step will appear.
Review the results.
NOTE: If ANY of the selected orders receive an error (i.e., if you didn't select a Packing Slip template and a selected order didn't have one assigned, or if you tried to print documents for an order that wasn't yet processed), NONE of the selected orders will have documents created. You will need to either fix the errors or run the report again for just the orders that received no errors.
For orders where warehouse documents can be created, click Submit. The Confirmation step will appear.
Click Download Report to download the documents. One PDF file will be created with all of the selected orders' documents. In addition, the documents for each Order will be saved in the "Warehouse Documents" section of that Order's record. They will display in the order record similar to this:
View Sample Warehouse Documents
Sample Packing Slip (yours may be formatted differently depending upon the template you have setup):
Sample Order Invoice (yours may be formatted differently depending upon the template you have setup):
Sample Order Assembly Guide
Sample Fulfillment Process Summary