You can control which Alerts you receive and how. For example, if you want to be notified via Email when there is an Error processing a Trigger, you can set up that type of alert.
You can also select to see a summary of alerts on your Dashboard. All of these selections are made through the Edit Alert Settings window.
Edit Alert Settings
- From the Dashboard, click the in the Alerts section and select Manage Alerts.The Edit Alert Settings window appears.
By default, you will be viewing All alert settings, but you can narrow the list of settings by clicking on a type of alert on the left side of the window (i.e., Trigger).
Select whether you want an Email alert for each message level (Info, Warning and Error) by clicking the Email checkbox. Each message level represents a different severity of alert. Here's an example: If you want to be alerted via email when an error occurs with a filtered action, click the Email checkbox next to the Error message level for the Trigger alert setting. You can select multiple message levels for each alert setting.
NOTE: Emails are sent as soon as the alert happens. The email will include a link to view the Alert record in Infoplus.
If you want to see a summary of alert messages on the Dashboard in Infoplus, click the Enabled checkbox in the Dashboard section. Here’s an example of the Dashboard showing a summary of Alerts:
In the above example:
- For the Trigger alert, there are 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, and 0 Alerts/Info messages.
- For the Shopping Cart Connection alert, there were 2 Errors, 0 Warnings, and 0 Alerts/Info message.
When you have set all Alert Settings, click Save. NOTE: You can edit these settings anytime by clicking the in the Alerts section of the Dashboard.
- Verify that the item you suspect is low on stock has Lead Time filled out under Stock Status in the Item table.
- Verify that the item also has a Fixed Reorder Point to trigger the Low Stock alert.