What is a Parcel Account?
A parcel account is a relationship with a shipping company such as UPS, FedEx, USPS, etc. In order to automate the shipping process in Infoplus, you will need to connect your existing Parcel Accounts to the Infoplus system through a third-party app.
Pro Tip: There is a difference between a parcel account and a carrier. A parcel account is the shipping account (eg: relationship) you have with a shipping company such as UPS, FedEx, etc. whereas a carrier is the specific services those shipping companies provide, such as UPS Ground, FedEx 2-Day Air, etc.
What if I Ship Orders via a Third Party Parcel Account?
If you are a 3PL and utilize parcel accounts for third-party billing, you can set up each client's parcel account in Infoplus. See: Create a Third Party Parcel Account to learn how to implement third-party parcel accounts.
How to Create a New Parcel Account
The first step when you need to create a new parcel account is to set up the connection between the company (FedEx, UPS, etc.) and Infoplus through a third-party webhook called EasyPost.
Please Note: Infoplus should have created an EasyPost account for you during your onboarding process. If you do not currently have an EasyPost account, please reach out to our support team and they will create an account for you.
Create Parcel Account in EasyPost
2. Navigate to the Carrier table
- See your username (email address) in the top left corner
- Click on the down arrow under your username
- A drop down will appear, click on Carrier Accounts
3. Select the Carrier you want to add to Infoplus from the list on the right
4. Enter the details for your account
- Each carrier will have different requirements in Easy Post to set up and connect your account. To see some examples of carriers that have unique requirements, take a look at our article on Information Needed to Set Up a Parcel Account.
5. Click save
If you do not have an EasyPost account, please reach out to our Support Team to get one created.
Pro Tip: On the Shipment table, if the status is not updating, then the webhook was not set up correctly in EasyPost.
How to Connect the New Parcel Account to Infoplus
1. Navigate to the Parcel Account table in Infoplus by one of two ways:
- Click the period button on your keyboard and type in Parcel Account
- On the homepage, navigate to Apps>Shipping>Manifest Setup>Parcel Account
2. Click 'Create New' in the top right corner.
3. There are 5 required items to fill in on the Parcel Account table:
- Name: The value entered in this field will be how the account shows up in the rest of Infoplus. (eg Infoplus USPS, Infoplus UPS 12345, etc)
- Carrier Company: This is a drop-down list of all of the Carrier Companies that are available in Infoplus.
- Account No: This is the account number that the carrier company assigned to your account. If USPS, just put USPS.
- Manifest Partner Id: This comes from EasyPost. It is the Account ID that EasyPost assigns after the account is created:
- Manifest Partner Credentials: This is the API Key from your EasyPost account.
- To find the API Key, click the down arrow under your username in EasyPost, then click on "API Keys"
- Your API Keys should already be set up, there will be a Production API Key and a Test API Key. Copy the API Key for the site you want to set up the new parcel account, most likely your Live Production Site.
- Copy the API code and paste it into the Manifest Partner Credentials box in Infoplus
- Please Note: if the account is being set up in a Test Infoplus site, use the Test API Key and if in a Live Infoplus site, use the Production API Key. Test API Keys will not charge you when you are producing labels testing processes out.
4. If desired, there are two additional fields to fill in that are optional
- LOB (Line of Business): If you do select a LOB to assign this parcel account to, you will restrict this parcel account to only be used for the selected Line of Business
- Note: You can only specify one LOB per parcel account
- Note: You can create the same parcel account multiple times and assign it to other LOBs
- Order Source:Restrict to only use this Parcel Account for a certain order source
- Note: You must select a LOB in order to select an order source
Pro Tip: Once the Parcel Account is created, it is suggested, at a minimum, run the Lookup Parcel Rate process to confirm you are able to pull rates. Another way to test is to create a test order and ship it out. If you are using a Production API Key, make sure to void the label after.
How to Edit an Existing Parcel Account
You can edit an existing parcel account at any time.
- Go to the Parcel Account table and click on a specific Parcel Account, then click Edit:
- Make the desired changes and click Save.
What to Do if You Have Multiple Parcel Accounts for the Same Carrier
If you have multiple Parcel Accounts for the same Carrier (eg 2 UPS accounts) you will need to assign an override for the additional accounts. You can override via Order Source, Warehouse, or Line of Business.
- Order Source -- override set up in order source table
- Warehouse -- override set up in warehouse table
- Line of Business -- override set up on parcel account table
Pro Tip: To view your order, warehouse, and LOB overrides for Parcel Accounts, go to the Parcel Account Table, click on the specific parcel account, and scroll to the bottom to see what overrides are currently set up and active for that account: