Cartonization in Infoplus assigns the carton type and number of cartons to be used for an Order.
NOTE: You can cartonize orders as part of the Fulfillment Process, or as a separate step (using the steps below).
Orders must be in a status of "Processed" (inventory has been allocated) to be cartonized.
Carton Types for the Line of Business containing the order need to be created in order to cartonize orders. For more information, see Create Carton Types.
Access the "Order" Table. Two methods:
From the Dashboard: Click the “Warehouse Operations” tab, click the “Fulfillment" App, then click the “Order” Table.
From the Quick Actions shortcut: Press a dot (period) on your keyboard, then select “Order” from the list of Quick Actions.
- Click the checkbox to the left of each Order you want to cartonize. NOTE: You can select more than one order to cartonize.
- Click the Actions button and select Cartonize Orders.The Cartonize Orders (Review) screen will appear indicating if the order(s) can be cartonized.
- Existing cartonization plan will be replaced - If an order had already been cartonized, this message will appear as a warning; however you can process it again.
NOTE: Here are some of the warning and error messages you may experience regarding Cartonization:
- Missing footprint for SKU - Items need to have an established footprint (length, width, height) in order to be cartonized.
- Order has not been processed - Order is not in a status of "Processed" (inventory has been allocated) in order to be cartonized.
- No available carton types for LOB - Carton Types need to be established to cartonize an order. See Create Carton Types for more information.
- Order has already been shipped - Order must be in a status of "Processed" (inventory has been allocated) in order to be cartonized.
Click Submit to cartonize the order.
- The Results will indicate that the Order was cartonized.