After shipping an order (or using an External Shipping System), you can review the Parcel Shipment record for real-time tracking of the shipment.
The Status field indicates the current status of the shipment (i.e., In-Transit, Delivered, etc.).
The Tracking tab provides more detailed tracking messages that come directly from the Carrier (i.e., Origin Scan, Arrival Scan, etc.).
Here's a screenshot of the "Tracking" tab for a sample shipment:
Here are descriptions of the Parcel Shipment statuses:
Staged = Infoplus has generated the shipping label that has been assigned to the package
Unknown = A shipping label has been created, but the package has not yet been scanned and/or picked up by the carrier.
- Submitted = Carrier is aware of the shipment
- Pre-Transit = Carrier has received information about the package but it has not yet been scanned and picked up.
- In-Transit = A package is traveling to its destination. You may receive multiple updates of this type as the package travels to its destination.
- Out For Delivery = A package has reached the local area and is in the process of being delivered.
Delivered = The package has been delivered
- Failure = The package encountered an error during transit. The carrier may still be able to reroute the package successfully.
- Return to Sender = The package is being returned to the sender.
- Voided = Parcel was "unshipped"
Track the Parcel Order Shipment
Access the “Parcel Shipment” table. Two methods:
From the Dashboard: Click the “Warehouse Operations” tab, click the “Fulfillment” App, then click the “Parcel Shipment” Table.
From the Quick Actions shortcut: Press a dot (period) on your keyboard, then select “Parcel Shipment” from the list of Quick Actions.
NOTE: If you use an External Shipping System (e.g., ShipStation) to ship orders, you may want to add the External Shipping System column to the Parcel Shipment table to quickly identify orders that shipped externally.
- The Parcel Shipment table provides the tracking number, status of the shipment, and the delivered date. Click on a record to see more detail. Here is a s
Here is a description of the Freight Amounts shown in the bottom left in the above screenshot:
Freight Amount (if displayed) is the amount
you were charged for the shipment, including any
customer discounts, if applicable. NOTE: Be aware that the "Charged Freight Amount" field may not be displayed or may be blank. For example, if you are a Third Party Logistics company, you may have chosen not to display the freight discount you receive.
Freight Amount is informational only indicating the
rate for this shipment if you have a contract for regularly-scheduled
daily pickups (vs. going to the carrier’s store or website to arrange a
- The Retail Freight Amount is informational only indicating the rate for this shipment if you ship through the carrier’s store or website (vs. a contract for a regularly-scheduled daily pickup).
The terms used to represent these amounts differ by carrier. The table below provides the equivalent terms used on UPS and FedEx websites and invoices.