You can create one location at a time, typically used for one-off location needs (i.e., QA Desk 1 to represent a QA location where an item might go) or you can create multiple locations. To create one location, see the instructions below. To create multiple locations, see the Location Builder.
You can also edit and delete locations (with limitations). Instructions are below.
Create a Location:
the “Location” table. Two ways:
From the Dashboard: Click the “Warehouse Operations” tab, click the “Warehouse Setup” App, then click the “Location” Table.
From the Quick Actions shortcut: Press a dot (period) on your keyboard, then select “Location” from the list of Quick Actions.
the Create New button in the top
right. The Creating New Location screen appears.
- Select the Warehouse for this location. NOTE: You must select a Warehouse
before Infoplus knows which zones and aisles to make available.
- Select the Building for this location assignment, if applicable.
the Zone for this location
assignment, if applicable.
an Aisle for this location
a Billing Type for this location
assignment, if applicable.
a Behavior Type for this location assignment, if applicable. Behavior types
are created by the system, and are used to set rules about what can be done at
a location. For example, assigning a behavior type of “Pallet” means only
pallets can be placed and removed from that location. Here are the available behavior types:
- Standard is a generic behavior type
- Pallet means only those can be used in a location
- Case means only full cases of goods can be used in a location
- Forward Each or Forward Case represents floor level locations which provide easy access
- LPN means License Plate Number and serves as a temporary location
- Non-pickable means the product cannot be directly picked from this location
a Footprint for this location.
If you created an address scheme to be used
to create the location assignment’s address, select the Location Address Scheme. See Create/Edit Location Address Schemes for information on building address schemes
If you do not want to select a Location Address Scheme, enter an Address for the location assignment (i.e., QA Desk 1. If an item is taken to a QA desk, the item will show in this location within Infoplus).
- Enter a Level for the
location. A level is an attribute of the aisle. Levels are created from the
bottom up, and can be numeric or alpha.
- Enter a Bay for the location
assignment, if used. Using a bay identifier is another attribute of an aisle (i.e., area between the crossbars in an aisle), and allows for more categorization of products.
- Assign a Number to the
location. This is a numeric location within a level.
- In the Online field, indicate if this location is Online (available for operations) or Offline (unavailable for operations).
- In the Priority Code field, assign a priority to this location assignment,
if applicable. Priority codes can be used to influence how the system treats a
location. The higher the number, the higher the priority. For example, when
allocating inventory for orders, if the same inventory is available in multiple
locations, the priority code indicates the priority location.
- In the Allow Item Mixing field, select True or False. True indicates that different SKUs can be stored in this location. False indicates that only one SKU can be stored in this location. See Overview of Lot and Item Mixing Rules for more information.
Click Save. The location is created.
NOTE: Once you place items into the location, they will appear in the Inventory tab of the location record.
Edit a Location:
the “Location” table. See
on the location you want to edit.
the Edit button in the bottom right.
the necessary edits and click Save.
Delete a Location:
- Access the “Location” table. See instructions above.
- Click on the location you want to delete.
- From the Actions menu, select Delete.
- Click OK through the confirmation message.
To create multiple locations, see the Location Builder.