To perform warehouse operations in Infoplus, you need a warehouse record. Infoplus will create your first warehouse record for you when your account is created. From there you can structure your warehouse as needed.
- If you're just getting started, check out the Get Started with Infoplus section. This section provides information on what to do in Infoplus once you've received your test and live site credentials.
- Then, when you're ready to structure your warehouse in your Live Site, see the Structure your Warehouse video series. This video series contains step-by-step instructions on creating the areas of your warehouse (buildings, zones, aisles).
If you need more than one warehouse, you can create additional warehouses on the Warehouse table. You must specify a unique name, the Warehouse's physical address (Street, City, State, Zip, etc), and what Lines of Business (LOB's) operate from the warehouse. If you are shipping parcel orders from the warehouse, you will also want to select what parcel accounts are used (by default) for orders assigned to this warehouse.
Note: the Address that is assigned to a Warehouse by default is used for the Return Address on Parcel Labels. If that address needs to be overridden, please follow this article: Override Parcel Label Return Address
Create a New Warehouse
- Once on the Warehouse table, click the Create New button at the top right.
- The Create a New Warehouse screen displays, fill out the following fields:
- Name - Required field - This is how the Warehouse shows up across all of Infoplus.
- Address - Optional field - Shorthand name that can be applied to the warehouse.
- Phone - Required field - This is what will be placed on the Return Address for Parcel Labels.
- Time Zone - Optional field - The timezone the warehouse is in and is used for computing SLA Dates.
- Company - Required field - This is the name used on the Return address for Parcel Labels.
- Street 1 - Required field - This is the address used on the Return address for Parcel Labels.
- Street 2 - Optional field - Allows to add Building #, Suite #, etc.
- Street 3 - Optional field - This is used if the warehouse is outside of the United States. Provinces get added here.
- City - Required field - This is the City used on the Return address for Parcel Labels.
- State - Optional field - This is used when the warehouse is in the United States.
- Zip - Required field - This is the Zip used on the Return address for Parcel Labels.
- Country - Required field - This is the Country used on the Return address for Parcel Labels.
- Assign LOBs to the Warehouse:
- In the Line of Business tab at the bottom, click the Add button.
- Add each LOB that can store inventory in, and ship orders from, this warehouse.
- Add Default Parcel Accounts, if needed.
- Click Save once complete.