Access the “OMS
Order” table. See Access the "OMS Order" Table for help.
NOTE: You can also create an order from the customer record. Within the customer record, select the Next Steps button, and click Create Order.
Click the Create
New button in the top right. The "Creating New OMS Order" screen appears.
- During order creation, when you see fields requesting a True or False selection, leaving the field blank is the same as selecting “False”. Selecting “True” means you want to apply the field’s selection (i.e., select “True” in the “Email Recipient” field to indicate you want the receipt emailed to the customer).
- If you want to delete a field selection, click the X that appears next to the selection.
In the Customers
section, search for, or create the Customer who the order is for by clicking
the Search or New links. Customer information will appear.
- If you want to edit the Customer information or Ship To Address, click the gear icon next to each section.
In the Catalog section, enter a Key Code (i.e., code on back of catalog).
If you entered a valid key code, a Key Code description will display. This is a required field.
NOTE: To see all available key codes, see the “Key Code” table from within the “Call Center” app.
In the Line
Items section, add Items to the order by clicking the Add link. Select the Item Record and click OK.
- Make any changes to the line item (i.e., modify the quantity, add a discount type).
- Continue to add items as needed.
In the Free
Cooking Guide field (if available), select True if the customer is to
receive a free cooking guide. If the customer is not to receive the guide,
leave the field blank or select False.
In the Shipping
section, click on the date in which the order should be delivered. The
Shipping Cost will be calculated based on your selection and will appear in the
Shipping & Handling field.
- If you need to override the shipping cost, enter an amount into the S&H Override Amount field.
- If the customer will pick up the order, select True in the Customer Pickup field. If not, leave the field blank or select False.
- If a signature is required for delivery, select True in the Signature Required field.
- If you need to provide special instructions to the carrier (i.e., UPS), enter the instructions into the Carrier Instructions field.
Select the Media Code indicating how the order was placed. This is a required
Select a reason for the order from the
Reason for Order drop-down menu
(i.e., Customer Support). This is a required field.
Specify whether the receipt should be
emailed or mailed to the recipient. You must set one of these fields to true.
- If you want to email the receipt to the recipient, select True in the Email Recipient field. Upon order completion an email will go to the customer’s email in the customer record.
- If you want to mail the receipt to the recipient, select True in the Mail Recipient field. An invoice will be mailed to the customer’s mailing address in the customer record.
If necessary, enter a Gift Message. NOTE: You cannot add
special formatting to the gift message (i.e., italics, bold).
you need to provide special instructions to the warehouse, enter the instructions
into the Warehouse Instructions
field (i.e., Needs extra dry
you are ready to checkout, click Checkout.
If you’re not ready to check out but you want to save the order, click Pause Order. The order will display a status of “Entry Paused.” You can return to the order at any time by clicking on it in the “OMS Order” table.
Call Center: Create a New Order Print
Modified on: Mon, 27 Apr, 2015 at 12:29 PM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.