Start a new topic

Show Kit Components on Commercial Invoices When KOB has Inventory

Use Case:

Currently, I have to assign a commodity code and price to my Kit Header Sku if I have inventory assigned to the SKU, such as BUNDLE-SKU, and the commercial invoice will not breakout each component like BLANKET-SKU and MUG-SKU. 

If I do not have inventory in my Kit Header Sku, the commercial invoice will show BLANKET-SKU and MUG-SKU with their commodity codes and prices.

Our Request:

What we really need is to have the option to pick "Kit Break Out" for Commercial Invoices and have the same functionality of a Kit Header Sku (without inventory) that breaks out the kit components on the Commercial Invoice when the Kit Header Sku has inventory. 

2 people like this idea
1 Comment

Kit Scenarios and Needs:
  • Kits arrive from Customer Pre-Built
    • We require them provide us with the specifications of all of the component items so that they can be listed on commercial invoice.
      • Inventory levels for the components do not include the quantity of the Kit SKU as they are Pre-Built and will not be broken down.
  • Kit components arrive separate and the kits are to be built on-demand per order
    • We receive each component in and then kit the item when the KIT SKU is ordered
      • Each component item needs to be listed separately on the commercial invoice
    • The component items are often also available for order individually as well
      • Inventory levels for the KIT SKU should be reported as the amount we could make with the current inventory of the components. Typically this would be pegged to the lowest quantity component item.
  • Kit components arrive separate, some of them are used to make Pre-Built Kits and the rest need to be available for order
    • We Pre-Build the Kit and receive it in as a KIT SKU but not KOD
      • Each component item needs to be listed separately on the commercial invoice
    • The component items are often also available for order individually as well
      • Inventory levels for the components do not include the Kit SKUs as they are Pre-Built and will not be broken down.
Login or Signup to post a comment