Start a new topic

3rd (third) Party Bill To for International Duties and Taxes

Please look into adding the option to bill Duties and Taxes to a third party account on the order level.

This needs to be able to be set to a different value than the transpiration charges as many customers would like to use their account # for the transportation and their clients account for the duties and taxes.

This is a standard practice and service for all of the major carriers (UPS, FedEx & DHL) and should be a feature in the system.

Additional Improvements for international shipments would include the following:

• Incoterms set on the order level.
  • Exporter, Importer, & Consignee but 3 separate fields for the commercial invoice purposes.
  • automatic shipping service recommendations / restrictions.
  • Notification if the receiving country/address does not accept electronic customs documentation and physical paperwork is required.
  • EEI & AES documentation and settings.

1 person likes this idea
1 Comment

Hey Mike, 

Adding some points from our emails outside this thread: 

There are a few other likely scenarios but the one described below is the most complicated.

It could be one of these as well:

• We have an international order.
  • My Clients 3rdparty account will be used for Transportation charges (parcel label)
  • My Clients 3rdparty account will also pay for the duties and taxes

Or,

• We have an international order.
  • Our account will be used for Transportation charges (parcel label)
  • My Clients 3rdparty account will pay for the duties and taxes.

In all cases we will need to be able to determine both separately on the order level.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment