Start a new topic
Answered

Backorder Clarification

Good Morning,

I just wanted to verify something in regards to backorders.

If I set an item to "Backorders - No", it will still put the order with that item in backorders, but it will never leave backorders, is that correct?   I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.  

If I missed it in the knowledge base, I apologize

Thanks

Frank

Best Answer

Perfect! Thank you!

Can you have an order kicked out of a fulfillment process if one of the items on it ends up creating a back-order. Essentially causing the entire order to unfulfill if one of the items does not have enough stock?

Is there a way to configure the Fulfillability Status to "Orderable Quantity" not less than 0 instead of if Available Quantity is greater than or equal to quantity on order?

Hi Mike,

The Ship Complete field on the order will control that. If you have Ship Complete set to true, Infoplus will only allow you to process the order if all lines on it allocate without issue. If an order is set to ship complete and doesn't allocate because of inventory, it drops out of the process and is tagged with ipsync-dnf-no-lines-allocated or a similar descriptive tag where dnf = did not fulfill. 

Hi Frank,

Not exactly, and it's a rather important field so I'm glad you asked! 

Back orders are controlled in two places. First, the ship complete attribute of orders will determine whether an order can ship partial or not. If an order is set to ship complete false - you allow back orders. Furthermore, the item back order setting simply tells Infoplus whether or not you want to allow that item on a back order if you do allow partial orders. If it is set to no and the order it's on is set to ship complete false, that line item will be completely removed from the order so that you can ship what you have. Only items with backorder set to yes will be put on a subsequent back order. 

Hope this made sense! Let us know. Thanks

Answer

Perfect! Thank you!

Makes perfect sense, thanks man!

Login or Signup to post a comment