Start a new topic
Answered

Integrate with Infusionsoft orders

Hey James...very cool to see this update!

If you recall last summer when we were integrating our fulfillment process, we went the route of posting the files to sftp as SOAP was a bit archaic and the new JSON was not released yet.

Our process is rather manual and human resource intensive, having to pull daily orders and send them over to the sftp etc.  Does this new API release give us the opportunity to look at automating the orders via API from our Infusionsoft application over to MLogic?

Cheers!

Spencer

Best Answer

Spencer,

That's part of the beauty of this new API:  Other than answering support questions from your programmers (if they have any), there's nothing to be done on the Infoplus side.  That means it's not a Special Project that needs planned, approved, scheduled, and executed, all based on external resources.  Rather, the control is all yours: when the project starts, how far you take it, when you want it to go live.  The API flips the paradigm, and puts the control in your hands.

We'd love to be in touch with your programmers when they do get started, as I said, to help with any questions, and to get their feedback on the API.

Thank you.

Darin

2 people have this question

Spencer,

Thanks for reaching out.  

Yes, the new Infoplus API can definitely help you automate the workflow you're manually using today.  Creating Orders in Infoplus is one of the most common use cases we have.  

The API works with JSON data, REST style over http.  So you can create an Order with a POST similar to this:

curl -X POST -d '{
   "lobId": 10007,
   "warehouseId": 1007,
   "orderDate": "2016-06-16",
   "customerNo":  "EZ-101",
   "lineItems": [{"sku":"TR-GR", "orderedQty":1}]
}' "https://your-domain/infoplus-wms/api/v1.0/order"

Full details on the API are available on the Reference site:  http://developer.infopluscommerce.com/api/reference/v1.0/

Also, what language will you be building your integration in?  We have pre-built client libraries available for PHP, Java, C#, Python, and more - they're available on our github page:  https://github.com/infopluscommerce  

Please talk to your account manager at Materialogic to move forward with getting a set of credentials and scheduling some testing.  

Thanks!

Spencer - Hope things are going well.   Looks like Darin beat me to the punch on getting you an answer to this.   He is right on with the solution.   Take a look around - but yes - the JSON version of this API should handle everything you need.   If not - we would love to hear that feedback and we can adjust from there. 

I'll let your Account Manager at ML know that you have reached out and make sure that they are aware of what you are looking for. 

Looking forward to getting this moving forward with you.

Thanks

-JM

Thanks Darin and James!

I'm not a techie so looks like I would need to get a programmer involved to review the API docs.  I will reach out to our account rep Carrie on this, but follow up question is whether there will be additional time required by your team, ie: Special Project, or is this something that a programmer on our end could sync into and then I would just work with Carrie on any modifications to the fulfillment process documentation needed?

Thanks guys!

Answer

Spencer,

That's part of the beauty of this new API:  Other than answering support questions from your programmers (if they have any), there's nothing to be done on the Infoplus side.  That means it's not a Special Project that needs planned, approved, scheduled, and executed, all based on external resources.  Rather, the control is all yours: when the project starts, how far you take it, when you want it to go live.  The API flips the paradigm, and puts the control in your hands.

We'd love to be in touch with your programmers when they do get started, as I said, to help with any questions, and to get their feedback on the API.

Thank you.

Darin

Login or Signup to post a comment