Start a new topic
Answered

How do I see if my Triggers are working?

I set up triggers on a smart filter and am not sure if it's working or not. How can I monitor my triggers in Infoplus?

Best Answer

Monitoring Triggers can be done in multiple ways in Infoplus. There are a couple of different places where you can check the status on your triggers.

The first place where these can be tracked would be in the "Manage Triggers" table. In this table you have the option to "Audit" the trigger on the smart filter. This option will show you ALL of the activity that the trigger has had since implementation. Take these steps to monitor ALL activity on your triggers that you set up:

1. Navigate to the Manage Triggers app in Infoplus
  2. This will display a list of all of your triggers that are set up in your instance (*Note*, ALL triggers in your organization will be displayed on this table, not just the ones you set up)
  3. Select the trigger that you want to audit and click on the >> on the far right of that trigger's row to open the dropdown menu. (See screenshot)

4. Finally, click on the "Audit" link. This link will open up a popup that will give you ALL of the activity against the trigger. Outside of viewing what's on the screen, you can also Download the audits into an Excel spreedsheet. (View screenshot to see a sample Trigger Audit log)

If you want to monitor all triggers that may produce an Error, Warning or relevant Info, you can use the method above, or you can disable this feature in the Dashboard. Using this option will give you a more visible display of your triggers that you can access every time you click the Home icon or log into Infoplus. To monitor ONLY trigger alerts in Infoplus, you will need to set up an Alert, here are the steps:

1. Navigate to your Dashboard to get to the Alerts section. 
  2. Click on "Manage Alerts" in the Alerts section. (This will be the small blue wheel on the right, see screenshot below)

3. When the Manage Alerts popup appears, it will list several different alerts that you can set up and display on your Home Dashboard. You also have the option to receive emails, text messages or a digest of information pertaining to your alert. Because you're concerned about your triggers, you will need to select Trigger from the list of available Alert Settings. 

4. Once you've selected the Trigger option, you can then select how you want to be alerted and if you want to display the alert on the Dashboard. 

5. So for this, I've selected that I want to be alerted on any warnings or errors by email, text and digest. I also want a summary visible on the Dashboard.

6. Once your options are selected, simply Save this Alert and you should see your "Trigger" alert on the Dashboard. *Note* if there are no alerts on any triggers, you will still see the Alert, it will simply have 0 inside with a green check. If there is an active alert, there will be the numerical value of alerts with a red "X" or a yellow "!" to represent that there is an alert. 

7. If there is an Alert on your trigger, you can click directly on the alert and view the table to read the message.

To learn more about Triggers Audits and Setting up an Alert, please check out the articles in the infoplus Knowledge Base.

1 Comment

Answer

Monitoring Triggers can be done in multiple ways in Infoplus. There are a couple of different places where you can check the status on your triggers.

The first place where these can be tracked would be in the "Manage Triggers" table. In this table you have the option to "Audit" the trigger on the smart filter. This option will show you ALL of the activity that the trigger has had since implementation. Take these steps to monitor ALL activity on your triggers that you set up:

1. Navigate to the Manage Triggers app in Infoplus
  2. This will display a list of all of your triggers that are set up in your instance (*Note*, ALL triggers in your organization will be displayed on this table, not just the ones you set up)
  3. Select the trigger that you want to audit and click on the >> on the far right of that trigger's row to open the dropdown menu. (See screenshot)

4. Finally, click on the "Audit" link. This link will open up a popup that will give you ALL of the activity against the trigger. Outside of viewing what's on the screen, you can also Download the audits into an Excel spreedsheet. (View screenshot to see a sample Trigger Audit log)

If you want to monitor all triggers that may produce an Error, Warning or relevant Info, you can use the method above, or you can disable this feature in the Dashboard. Using this option will give you a more visible display of your triggers that you can access every time you click the Home icon or log into Infoplus. To monitor ONLY trigger alerts in Infoplus, you will need to set up an Alert, here are the steps:

1. Navigate to your Dashboard to get to the Alerts section. 
  2. Click on "Manage Alerts" in the Alerts section. (This will be the small blue wheel on the right, see screenshot below)

3. When the Manage Alerts popup appears, it will list several different alerts that you can set up and display on your Home Dashboard. You also have the option to receive emails, text messages or a digest of information pertaining to your alert. Because you're concerned about your triggers, you will need to select Trigger from the list of available Alert Settings. 

4. Once you've selected the Trigger option, you can then select how you want to be alerted and if you want to display the alert on the Dashboard. 

5. So for this, I've selected that I want to be alerted on any warnings or errors by email, text and digest. I also want a summary visible on the Dashboard.

6. Once your options are selected, simply Save this Alert and you should see your "Trigger" alert on the Dashboard. *Note* if there are no alerts on any triggers, you will still see the Alert, it will simply have 0 inside with a green check. If there is an active alert, there will be the numerical value of alerts with a red "X" or a yellow "!" to represent that there is an alert. 

7. If there is an Alert on your trigger, you can click directly on the alert and view the table to read the message.

To learn more about Triggers Audits and Setting up an Alert, please check out the articles in the infoplus Knowledge Base.

Login or Signup to post a comment